CETRA has been awarded the contract to provide simultaneous conference interpretation services and equipment for the 15th annual, high visibility Chiefs of Defense (CHOD) Conference 2012 in Sydney, Australia, hosted by United States Pacific Command. This is the third time CETRA has been awarded the contract for the conference’s language requirements, following performance at CHOD conferences in Hawaii (2009) and Seoul, Korea (2010). CETRA will provide high-level interpretation services in 12 languages, including Chinese, Laotian, Mongolian, Thai, and Vietnamese, and is honored to work with the US Pacific Command again.
CETRA has provided foreign language interpretation and equipment services for the following recent events:
- Russian simultaneous interpretation services for the three week visit of a Kazakh delegation to Philadelphia, New York, and Washington DC with the University of Pennsylvania’s Graduate School of Education. This is the second consecutive year CETRA has worked with Penn GSE for this event.
- Spanish escort interpretation for a pediatric medicine conference in Mexico City for the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia.
- Consecutive Korean interpretation for leading global buyout firm Advent International.
- Portuguese and Spanish conference interpretation for PANAMAX, a multi-national force conference and military interoperability exercise hosted by the United States Southern Command in Doral, Florida.
- German escort interpretation for Prime Minister Dr. Reiner Haseloff, together with a delegation from the federal state of Saxony-Anhalt, who visited the United States for the 500th Anniversary of the Reformation. The visit was hosted in conjunction with Deutsches Generalkonsulat (the German Consulate) in New York.
- German-English consecutive interpretation services for a delegation of the Social Democratic Party of Germany visiting the Permanent Mission of Germany to the United Nations in New York.